The world might end in 2012 so it’s an important year for films. before looking at my list you must understand that this is just my personal excitement list and this may change as more information or trailers come out for these or other films.
Anyway, here is my 10 must sees for next year.
10. the Woman In Black
- I know I never seem to shut up about this film but considering the story and the made-for-TV movie that was made in the 80′s, this could be the best and scariest horror movie in years. or it is going to suck and I will look stupid for spending so much time writing about it.
- probably not going to be any good but I have to be excited about this movie. Maybe it is because I was in High School when the first one came out and this just bring me back to that simple time of releasing into a tube sock or beer on my night stand.
- I sing the duck tails song in my head when I see the title but besides that everything looks positive for this movie. it looks to be the first good fighter pilot movie since top Gun and George Lucas is behind this one (rare considering for the past few decades he has only dealt with Indiana Jones and Star Wars). Add the true story element into the mix and I don’t see how this could be bad.
- I feel like Tarantino is like Bo. Tarantino knows Samurai (Kill Bill), Tarantino knows WWII (Inglorious Bastards) and now Tarantino knows Westerns. the best part? he knows how to make every genre original and awesome. plus there is an ongoing cast that is making everyone drool. I keep waiting for Tarantino to make a bad movie but I don’t think that is happening anytime soon.
6. the Dictator
- this is all you need to know about this film; the guy who played Borat is going to play Saddam Hussein. I would bet this is going to cause as much uproar as it is laughter and I personally can not wait. A long time ago Charlie Chaplin played Hitler and finally someone is going down that road again.
5. the Hunger Games
- mr Potter will no longer be with us and the Twilight series will be over next year so we need another series to take us through the next few years. the first book was amazing and the trailer kept the excitement up. There are many things that can go wrong with the movie but I am going to stay optimistic.
4. Osama Bin Laden Film
- very little is actually known about the film, there isn’t even a title yet. But a movie about killing Bin Laden made by the woman who made the best war movie in years (The Hurt Locker) must make most people interested. I not only expect this movie to be good, I expect it to be fantastic.
3. the Avengers
- It’s a bunch of freakin awesome super heroes all in the same movie. the quality of the plot may not live up to hype but I have no doubt that the action will not. People have been waiting for a movie like this for years and the wait is almost over. the trailers so far have just made the hoopla go overboard and Robert Downey Jr looks to be on top of his game.
2. the Hobbit
- There have been few movies bigger and better than Lord of the Rings in the past.well ever and now we are going to be getting more. Same director and many of the same cast make me think this will be just as good. the only thing disappointing about this movie will be that the release date will probably be pushed back. and I really hope the 3D doesn’t suck.
1. the dark Knight Rises
- the best super hero movie ever. one of the best sequels of all time. one of the highest grossing movies of all time. one of the best movies of all time. its hard to argue with any of those statements, so the sequel has a lot to live up to, but it is in the hands of a director who has no problem delivering the goods when expectation is high. I can’t wait and am sure most would agree.
Movies That just Missed the Cut
The Amazing Spider Man – I just don’t think this needed to be made.
Brave – Pixar rarely puts a foot wrong.
The Expendables 2 – more action stars = more 80s awesomeness.
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter – Best movie title of all time.
Ted – Family guy creator makes a movie, that’s all I need to know.
World War Z – cool book should make for a cool movie.
Prometheus – Ridley Scott’s non alien/alien prequel.
Breaking Dawn Part 2 – I’m not the biggest fan but the final movie is still a must see.
Men In Black III – if its like number 1 I’m very excited but it might be like number 2.